Please leave your condolences to be shared with the family
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

6/19/2015 at 9:35:40 PM GMT
Please leave your condolences to be shared with the family

FCSI is incredibly saddened to hear of the passing of Jim Little, FFCSI (PP), on Saturday, June 13. Jim was diagnosed with leukemia several months ago and fought a brief but valiant battle with the disease. He is survived by his wife, four daughters and their families. Jim Little will be remembered for the breadth of his contributions to the foodservice consultancy industry, as well as his dedication to his clients, his integrity and his ethical approach to business.  

We are asking members of the FCSI family to share your condolences or favorite memories of Jim which we will pass on to his family.

Thank you,

FCSI TA Staff

Last edited Friday, June 19, 2015
6/22/2015 at 9:29:09 PM GMT
Jim Little had a mind like a steel trap, a heart of silk and gold, a smile that melted souls and peerless values about how to treat other people. I wept when I read of his passing. I am so glad I hugged him the last two times I saw him. He was a gentleman. A dear, memorable person. I will carry him in my heart forever. The world needs more Jim Little's. Rest in peace, lovely person.
Karen Malody, FCSI

6/23/2015 at 5:16:13 PM GMT
On behalf of the FCSI Educational Foundation Board of Directors, a sincere thank you to Jim's family, and the Cini Little Team for inviting everyone to honor Jim with a donation to it or, equally important, Imagine A Cure for Leukemia. Jim has been a long time advocate for both FCSI and the Educational Foundation and, for that, we are most grateful. All money donated in Jim's honor will be disbursed under his name.

To Jim's family, we join you in your sorrow yet, at the same time, celebrate his legacy of professionalism, kindness and willingness to support FCSI with his volunteerism and commitment to hospitality industry excellence. May he rest in peace.

John Cornyn, FCSI
FCSI Educational Foundation President

6/25/2015 at 4:26:09 PM GMT
A moderator has removed this post.
6/26/2015 at 4:49:21 PM GMT
We have lost a true icon in our industry; a shining example of professionalism, passion, perseverance and abundant expertise. As recent as this past January, when visiting the Cini Little office in So Cal, Jim popped out of his office just to chat about a number of professional and personal topics. As with every encounter with Jim, he was fully engaged and had a sincere interest in the discussion. I always appreciated this about Jim, along with his quiet, humble and very effective leadership style. He will truly be missed, but his legacy is cemented into the minds and hearts of all he touched! Blessings to Jim's family and many friends!
Steve Follett

6/29/2015 at 5:00:30 PM GMT
Jim Little

When I first met Jim I was shocked. Funny, friendly and very happy to share his amazing knowledge with this little whippersnapper.  Not what I expected from this conservative group of consultants.  I quickly realized that Jim was a very unique person and really embodied the best of FCSI.

I always looked forward to catching up with Elizabeth and him at conferences and hearing about his amazing travels around the world.  He became the role model for me as how to enjoy life, family and work and still be a very successful consultant.

We all miss you very much

Chris Bigelow, FCSI

7/3/2015 at 5:17:30 PM GMT
So sorry to hear about Jim's passing. He was a brilliant mentor to me back in the early 1980s when I first joined our society and looked after me when I was the only "Euro" at worldwide conferences in the U.S. He had a true vision of the international future of FCSI. Sorely missed.

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal