Jim Little Condolences
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Condolences to the family of Jim Little 0 N. Goldberg I truly miss Jim. Selma and our kids were devastated at the news of his sudden passing. Jim was a mentor to me over the past 9 years as well as a good friend. One thing that really stood out was his confidence in performing such a broad range of work within our industry. He introduced and coached me to do so much based on his experience, confidence and belief in me. Jim embodied the ultimate mentor figure for me and for so many others in our industry that have worked with him. It deeply saddens me to think there can be no more conversations. I hope that I can continue somehow to acknowledge his contribution to my life and career. Selma and I send our heartfelt condolences and best wishes to Elizabeth and all the family. Nahum Goldberg, FCSI, Next Step Design  
by N. Goldberg
Monday, July 20, 2015
Jim Little 0 S. Bellingham We wish to extend our condolences to the family. His Dad sponsored me to be a junior member in 1974 and Jim encourage me to upgrade to a professional  during the merger back in 1978 We will always remember them as one of the founders of food facilities design consulting in Canada Sincerely  Stuart Bellingham
by S. Bellingham
Sunday, July 19, 2015
Condolences 0 T. Taraski I never had a chance to work with Jim, but I know what a great guy he was.  Heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.  He will be greatly missed.
by T. Taraski
Friday, July 17, 2015
Fond Memories 0 R. Soucie My experience meeting Jim was like many others. He approached me in a low key manor and introduced himself while welcoming me to FCSI. He was very unpretentious..."Hi I'm Jim, welcome to FCSI"  What more could you ask for from a world class businessman who obviously cared more about people and integrity than profit.  He was an icon in our industry and a leader with class. My condolences go out to his family, colleagues and friends. His guidance will be missed.
by R. Soucie
Thursday, July 16, 2015
In Memory of Jim Little 0 J. Petersen, Jr., Although I never had the opportunity to work with Jim, it was my good fortune to have known him since the mid-70’s when I entered the field and became a Member of FFCS, one of FCSI’s predecessor’s organizations.  His personality and demeanor made even those who had just met him feel like he had been their good friend for years, and that if they needed the shirt off his back all they had to do was ask.   As a sitting Member of both the FCSI World Wide Board of Directors and The Americas Division Board of Trustees, on behalf of both may I extend our condolences to the family and our heartfelt thanks for letting us have him for a time.  His presence and standing as the manifestation of what a consultant should aspire to be is unsurpassed, and while your loss makes our industry less than it was, his inspiration will make it more than it is.  May God’s peace be with you as you celebrate his life and mourn his passing. James H. Petersen, Jr., FCSI, C.i.i Food Service Design
by J. Petersen, Jr.,
Thursday, July 16, 2015
Condolences to the family of Jim Little 0 W. Taunton To: Mrs. Jim Little & Family Even though I never had the chance to personally meet Jim, I would like to send you, Mrs. Little, and  all your family, my sincere condolences for your loss. Standing on the Chairman position of the professional association that Jim Little once helped to support is for me an honor.  I am proud to be part of the group of people that will always be grateful for his commitment and achievements on behalf of FCSI. Jim Little will always be in the history and the heart of our Society. Respectfully, William P. Taunton, FCSI Chairman, The Americas Division Santiago, Chile
by W. Taunton
Thursday, July 16, 2015
Reflections in the moment 1 A. da Costa Beautifully stated, Al. Jim was a dear heart, a brave heart and a loving heart.Karen
by K. Malody
Thursday, July 16, 2015
Please leave your condolences to be shared with the family 5 P. Price So sorry to hear about Jim's passing. He was a brilliant mentor to me back in the early 1980s when I first joined our society and looked after me when I was the only "Euro" at worldwide conferences in the U.S. He had a true vision of the international future of FCSI. Sorely missed.
by H. Cade
Friday, July 3, 2015
Jim Little Condolences 0 M. Rahmann I would like to express, on behalf of FCSI EAME, our condolences on the loss of your husband, father, colleague and friend. Some of us here in Europe knew him personally, I had never that luck. His personality was well-loved among our members. He will be missed. Again, we extend our deepest sympathies to you and your family during this period of mourning. Yours sincerely Martin Rahmann Chair FCSI EAME
by M. Rahmann
Monday, June 29, 2015
Remembering Jim Little 0 W. Caruso I was incredibly saddened to hear of Jim’s passing……we go back a long, long way!  As a struggling student fresh out of Graduate School in 1973, Jim gave me a chance of a lifetime to join his firm in Toronto…it seems just like yesterday!  Jim was certainly my mentor --- he taught me about professionalism, undaunting ethical approaches to business and the strategies of how to conduct both MAS and Design Practices and their financial impacts on companies. Jim was the ultimate professional who would not take second position to anyone or anything. If it could be done, he would try to find a way to do it….and he always rode the front of the wave, never did he take a back seat position on anything as evidenced by his early business expansions of our consulting practice into Australia, the U.S. (with the acquisitions of Arthur Dana Associates of New York and Flambert & Flambert of San Francisco back in the 70’s! He loved adventure and travel and as I remarked more than once, he would make your head spin with the number, duration and miles that he would put in on airliners over any year! He was a one man whirling dervish!  There was another side of this remarkable man as well-the great son to his mother Mary and father Keith (the first food service consultant in Canada and another man that I greatly admired and worked with for a number of years before he retired), a great dad to his girls and a wonderful husband to Elizabeth—he loved them all more than life itself and it showed whenever you saw him and interacted with him over the years!  Many years ago,after I started my own firm, Jim and I kept in touch -working on a variety of FCSI projects and I always called on him when I had questions, issues or concerns about business practice, issues in the industry etc etc.—he always took the time to give me counsel.  Jim is and always was one of the Superstars of our industry. Yes, he was an early member of the Council of Fellows, but he always was on a higher plateau—if we ever had a Hall of Fame, he would get my vote in the first round of voting….because he was and always will be…one of our societies and one of our consulting industry’s giants…..and we all were better for having known him!  Thank you my friend for all you have done for us all…we are all better for having had you in our lives and we will miss you very much! Liz, girls and entire family—thank you for sharing him with us for all of these years and my heartfelt sympathies to all of you—you are in our thoughts and prayers!  William J. Caruso (PP), FFCSI, ISHC
by W. Caruso
Thursday, June 25, 2015
JIm Little Condolences 0 E. Norman Although I never had a chance to get to know Jim well I always had the utmost respect for him. At my first FCSI conference in 1997 I met Jim and had the pleasure of speaking to him about Cini-Little and the Society. He provided me with a lot of guidance on how to get involved and what he felt about what the Society needed. I will always remember Jim as one of the "special" FCSI members with whom I have had the pleasure of acquaintance. You will be missed Jim! Ed Norman, FCSI (PP)
by E. Norman
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal